Monday, April 28, 2008

Train to Kiev...


We took the train between Kiev and Moscow (both ways). We were able to get a coupee for the 3 of us (that way, we didn't share with someone we didn't know.) It was quite an experience... and if you ask me, sort of like a time warp! It was a 12 hour trainride, and we were woken up at 12am and 5am to have our documents checked (once at the Russian border and again at the Ukrainian). Needless to say, I didn't sleep that well...
I had never been on a train before... or even close to a passenger train. We had no idea what to expect!!! We weren't able to go on those grand adventures, running from wagon to wagon, singing about snow in the dining cart, or anything that cool... So, we talked, laughed, etc, as each of us became very sleepy from the constant rocking... I think now I know what a baby feels like when they are in a swing... and when it stops, I know why they wake up! That's how I felt each time the train stopped!
Yep, this is all three of us... in our coupee... that is really all the room we had for 12 hours! ... but we survived, afterall ;)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: