Tuesday, October 14, 2008

i have a problem... of which there is no cure.

the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem, right? well, folks, i gotta tell ya... i laugh at the wrong times, and often, i cannot stop! 
anyone who knows me knows that i love to laugh! i love humor. i love to make people laugh. if i can make a smile come across your face, or hear a chuckle escape your mouth, i feel as if i have succeeded! SO, this laughing thing should NOT be a surprise!
in the past few weeks, i have come across moments, that wouldn't ordinarily be funny, or in the case of louise-estelle, it would be HILARIOUS!, but these moments should not make me laugh as hard as they do! it's just, well, inappropriate!
for instance, on the train from meteora to athens a few weeks ago, this man stole my seat. ordinarily, i would clear my throat and politely say, 'excuse me. this is my seat.' but that particular night, i began laughing and couldn't stop. then my two friends with me (in whose laps i was sitting in, b/c my seat was STOLEN!) started laughing, and it took us all through forever to stop and to gather our composure so as to not draw attention to our american selves.

i wish that i could continue to tell stories, but unfortunately i can't... there are many reasons why, but just take my word for it: this uncontrollable moment always occurs at the MOST inappropriate moments...

i am pretty sure i inherited this from my mom. but... i kind of like it. is that ok?

below: in the midst of laughter after my seat was stolen...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES You did get this trait from your momma and it has gotten me in much trouble in my life but I wouldn't have it any other way!!! :)